The online gambling industry has always led the way with new technologies. Making it no surprise that soon we will find Virtual Reality used in online casinos. However, VR in the casino industry is still in its beginning stages but already have some astounding features such as:
- Virtual lobbies– Players can interact with other players in virtual lounges
- Direct communication with other players as well as dealers. Being able to chat with other players and the dealers enhances your gaming experience to no end and allows you to feel further that you are in a real-life casino.
- Expertly designed virtual game rooms. Players can explore finely-detailed game rooms and explore them in fully-immersive 3D.
- Realistic Slot Machines and 3D Game Tables. Players can interact with machines and even select their seats at a 3D game table. This allows for interaction between players and the dealer.
- All the bells and whistles of a land-based casino. VR casinos utilize sounds from real casinos to create an immersive experience for players, making it feel even more lifelike.
COULD VR BE THE FUTURE OF ONLINE GAMBLING?
Live casino games have become increasingly popular over the years. And for some, it is the preferred way of participating and enjoying the classic table games.
Equipped with high-quality cameras and professional dealers, Live casino games offer players a gambling experience like that of a land-based casino. Allowing for a unique immersion for the players to experience. But this does not appeal to all casino fans.
Online casinos have had their shortcomings when faced with drawing real-world players to their online domains. This is due to players craving the interactive environment provided by land-based casinos. To them, the online gambling experience feels artificial. After all, one can not bluff effectively if they are not seen by the other players.
Virtual reality could be the answer. The shift to virtual reality technology seems to be the next step for the online gambling world. VR continues to break the barriers between the interactiveness of a land-based casino and playing from the comfort and safety of your own home.
The Future of Virtual Reality casinos
Presently there are very few Virtual reality casinos available to players. But as VR technology grows in popularity with more and more people buying the needed hardware and software, the more the VR casino market shall grow and flourish.
As VR and smartphone tech rapidly evolve, it is more than likely that VR casinos will see exponential growth in numbers.